GATE 2017 has been conducted successfully by the IIT Rurkee this time. According to the sources, more than 9 lakh candidates had applied for the GATE 2017. The examination was conducted on 4, 5, 11 and 12 February 2017 which witnessed more than 80% of attendance.
GATE 2017 Score check here. GATE Result 2017 on 27 march at official website www.gate.iitr.ernet.in. Candidates can check the GATE 2017 Score card/ Rank List by logging in at the official website.
The GATE 2017 Result shall be declared on March 27. The aspirants are waiting for the result eagerly as they need to submit the GATE Score at many Exam portals and other applications. A few number of Government Jobs are opening on the basis of the GATE Score too.
GATE 2017 Exam Result, How to Check Gate SCORE/ Rank List here
|GATE 2017 Score www.gate.iitr.ernet.in/|
|Exam Name||GATE 2017|
|Exam Date||4,5,11,12 Feb|
|Exam Authority||IIT Rurkee|
|Result Date||27 March 2017|
The Final Keys after the Objections were uploaded on the online portal a few days back. The result has been prepared according to the Challenges submitted by the GATE Aspirants. Now the Result shall be uploaded on the website on 27 March 2017.
Steps to Calculate GATE 2017 Score
- After the evaluation of the answers, the raw marks obtained by a candidate will be converted to a normalized GATE Score. The GATE score will be computed using the formula given below.
- Calculation of Normalized Marks for CE, CS, EC, EE and ME papers (multi-session papers). In GATE 2017, examination for some papers may be conducted in multi-sessions. Hence, for these papers, a suitable normalization is applied to take into account any variation in the difficulty levels of the question papers across different sessions. The normalization is done based on the fundamental assumption that “in all multi-session GATE papers, the distribution of abilities of candidates is the same across all the sessions”.
- This assumption is justified since the number of candidates appearing in multi-session papers in GATE 2017 is large and the procedure of allocation of session to candidates is random. Further, it is also ensured that for the same multi-session paper, the number of candidates allotted in each session is of the same order of magnitude.
- After evaluation of the answers, normalized marks based on the preset formula will be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by a candidate and the GATE 2017 Score will be calculated based on the normalized marks.
Candidates should keep a constant look over the official website for checking result update. It is advised to keep their admit card ready before checking the GATE 2017 Result online. Team India.com education wishes candidates for their result.
How to check the results:
- Log on to the official website
- Click on the relevant link
- Enter all the required details such as roll number and password in the space provided
- Click to submit
- Results will be displayed
- Take a print out of the same for future reference.
Meanwhile, the answer keys of the same were released on March 16.
Why is GATE conducted?
GATE is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology. The exam is conducted for admissions to post-graduate programmes (e.g., M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes of higher education with financial assistance provided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other government agencies. The scores may also be used by public and private sector.